In response to the evolving situation surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Chaffey College has significantly reduced operations. As a result, the library building (containing the archives) is temporarily closed. Yearbooks, board minutes, and past issues of The Breeze are available online; however, we do not currently have access to other archives materials. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience during this challenging time.
Archives Collection Policy
The Chaffey College Archives collects and preserves the records and operations of the College, including the activities of faculty, students, alumni, and administrative staff.
Viewing materials stored in the Archives
- The Archives are a non circulating collection.
- Access to the Archives is available by appointment only. Access is limited for requests outside of the College and these requests will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Due to limited staffing, priority is given to serving faculty, staff and student requests.
- Services for individual researchers for conducting extensive research, scanning, or photocopying materials is not available at this time.
Scope of Materials
- Committee files
- Printed material
- Financial records and associated papers
- Sound recordings
- Materials in any format concerning Chaffey College affairs, including essential records generated or received by the various administrative and academic offices of the College in the conduct of official business
- Materials in any format related to faculty, student, and alumni organizations
- Personal and professional papers and materials of selected faculty, alumni, and staff members
- Publications created by or for Chaffey College, including yearbooks, student and departmental newspapers, catalogs, annual reports, and various literary magazines and ephemera
The Chaffey College Archives is happy to accept donations that fall within the scope of its collection policy. Any collection accepted commits us to the task of organizing and preserving it, which involves hand labor and costs for archival supplies. Due to limited staffing, budget and space, all items are subject to review by the Library and may be declined.