The research process can be like a cycle that follows these steps:
1. Research your topic: What are you interested in? What does your instructor want you to write about? What types of sources do you need?
2. Select keywords: What are the main points in your research topic? What words describe your topic?
3. Search for sources: Look in the library's book, ebook, and article databases for sources that talk about your topic or support the point you want to make.
4. Evaluate your sources: Are your sources credible? Do they fit and support your research topic? Do they fit the requirements your instructor told you to follow?
5. Create source list: What citation style do you need to use? Create your works cited/reference list to show what sources you are referring to in your paper.