1. Click on link of online library resource you wish to access. When prompted, login using your MyChaffey ID and password (same as used for wireless access onsite at Chaffey). The click on Login button. The login window will close and you will be directed to the library resource(s) you selected.
2. Haven't used MyChaffey yet? Go to https://my.chaffey.edu.
3. Your MyChaffey ID is first name initial and last name initial in lowercase plus 7-digit Chaffey College ID number (for example, Chaffey Charlie's ID would be cc0323232). Your password is your 6-digit birthdate in MMDDYY format (no spaces, example: 080792) the first time you login.
4. You will then be required to change your password and set up your security/password reset questions once logged into MyChaffey.
Below are recommended online library resources to search for scholarly reviews for the Book Critique assignment. Login required with MyChaffey username and password. See main panel of this page for important searching tips.
1. Do not use the basic search box. Instead, click on the Advanced Search link below the search box. This will take you to another interface that will let you place some important limits so that your results are not as large and are more likely to be relevant.
2. Type in search term(s) such as author last name and book title.
3.Uncheck box next to Include links to external content. If this box is not unchecked, results where the full text is not available will appear in your search.
4. Under the Narrow By: ITEM TYPE, check the box next to Review. This will eliminate non-research articles such as book reviews and letters to the editor from your search, reducing the size of your results set.
5. Press Search button.
6. To go to full-text, click on Article PDF of the review you wish to view. Then click on Accept JSTOR's Terms and Conditions and proceed to PDF link on the po-up window that appears. Note: If you are unable to view full-text and do not encounter this pop-window, make sure that the pop-up blocker is turned off or allow pop-ups for the JSTOR site (accessible via the Tools section on your seb browser).
7. Article with book review will start on page two of the PDF file. The first page contains the information you will need to construct your citation so make sure to save!