Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Chaffey College • 5885 Haven Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737 - 3002 • 909/652-6000
The Chat Dashboard
Once you've signed in, you'll see the LibChat Dashboard (opens in a new window). The Settings tab will display by default, allowing you to choose which chat departments and ticket queues you want to monitor.
A. Local Monitoring vs. Co-Op Monitoring
The Settings tab is divided into two tabbed groups:
- Local Monitoring: by default, this tab will display. Under it, you'll find all of the departments and queues that belong to your LibAnswers site. These are chats submitted by your local patrons.
- Co-Op Monitoring: if your LibAnswers site belongs to a co-op, you can choose to monitor specific 24/7 chat co-ops. These are chats submitted by patrons at libraries in the chat co-op.
The list of departments you have permission to monitor will be listed here. This is where you can choose which ones you'd like to monitor.
- When a department has a status of Online, that means you are actively monitoring it for new chats. If you have sound or desktop notifications enabled, you will be notified when a new chat arrives.
- When a department has a status of Offline, you will neither see nor be notified of new chats from that department.
The list of ticket queues you have permission to monitor will be listed here. This is where you can choose which ones you'd like to monitor for new tickets, SMS messages, Facebook messages, and Twitter DMs.
- When a queue has a status of Notify, that means you be notified when a new ticket is submitted (you can even claim it directly from the Tickets tab!). If you have sound or desktop notifications enabled, you will be notified when a new ticket arrives.
- When a queue has a status of Don't Notify, you will neither see nor be notified of new tickets from that queue.
You can customize the notifications and chat layout that you'd like to use.
- Sound: turn a sound alert on and off. (Note: if your browser mutes sounds automatically, or you have manually muted your LibAnswers site, you may not hear sound alerts.)
- Desktop Notifications: if your browser supports desktop notifications, you can turn them on and off here. (Note: if your browser's notification permission has been disabled for your LibAnswers site, you may not see notifications appear.)
- View chats in Multi Chat Overlay: when enabled, you can view multiple chats simultaneously -- each will overlay the dashboard in resizable modal windows. When turned off, you will only see one chat at a time on top of the Status Messages and Alerts pane.
Powered by Springshare • LibApps Login • Feedback • BI Survey • Library Activities