For immediate student safety concerns, contact Chaffey College Campus Police at 909-652-6911 or by calling 911.
If you are chatting with a student and they are behaving strangely or in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, please take the following steps.
- Start by setting boundaries with the student.
- “[Student Name], I sense your frustration and I am here to help; however, this conversation has become unproductive because:
- There doesn’t seem to be a solution that works for you
- The language you are using is not appropriate for this session
- If you would like, I can transfer this chat to a supervisor. If not, I will have to end the chat.”
- If setting boundaries with the student has not stopped the behavior, transfer or end the chat and report the issue by filling out a BIT form.
Link to information about student behavior concerns and the Behavioral Intervention Team.