Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Chaffey College • 5885 Haven Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737 - 3002 • 909/652-6000
Claiming a Chat
Claiming a new chat
When a patron submits a chat from a widget connected to a department you're monitoring, you'll receive a notification and see the new chat appear under the Chats tab. To reply to the patron, you must first claim the chat. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
Quickly claiming a chat
- The quickest way to claim a chat is by clicking on its Claim Chat button under the Patron Chats list. This will launch the chat pane where you can start chatting with the patron.
- A timer displaying how much time has elapsed since the patron submitted the chat displays to the right of the button.
Preview the question before claiming
- Under Patron Chats, click on the patron's name to view the chat details.
- Click on the Claim this Chat button.
- If the chat has already been claimed, this button will not appear.
- Instead, you'll see the name of the staff member chatting with that patron.
Powered by Springshare • LibApps Login • Feedback • BI Survey • Library Activities