Claiming a new chat
When a patron submits a chat from a widget connected to a department you're monitoring, you'll receive a notification and see the new chat appear under the Chats tab. To reply to the patron, you must first claim the chat. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
Quickly claiming a chat
- The quickest way to claim a chat is by clicking on its Claim Chat button under the Patron Chats list. This will launch the chat pane where you can start chatting with the patron.
- A timer displaying how much time has elapsed since the patron submitted the chat displays to the right of the button.
Preview the question before claiming
- Under Patron Chats, click on the patron's name to view the chat details.
- Click on the Claim this Chat button.
- If the chat has already been claimed, this button will not appear.
- Instead, you'll see the name of the staff member chatting with that patron.