Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Chaffey College • 5885 Haven Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737 - 3002 • 909/652-6000
Picking a Topic-Art
Have you ever been given an assignment where you get to choose the topic? Sometimes that can be an overwhelming process! Below are a few tips to help you get started, saving you time, energy, and stress.
Understand the assignment:
- What are the perimeters of the assignment? How long is it?
- What citation style are you required to use?
- What type of research resources are required? Books, articles, or websites? Peer-Reviewed, Scholarly articles?
Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new window
Search a topic in Academic Search Complete that interests you and browse the results. Under each result, threre is an area titled “subjects.” Browse these subject terms for ideas to narrow down a topic or to redo a search and see where it leads you!
JSTOR This link opens in a new window
Look for ideas by browsing the Arts journals. Click on "Browse", then click on "Art & Art History" to see a full list of Art History resources to browse
- Visit Museums or Museum Websites: Museums are a great place to get inspired! Often, museums will have a number of their collections available online. Below are just a few notable digital collections:
- Browse Smarthistory: https//smarthistory.org A free online resource for art and cultural heritage.
Powered by Springshare • LibApps Login • Feedback • BI Survey • Library Activities